[IGSTK-Developers] Presentation at SDMS

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 6 10:18:34 EST 2007

Congratulations !,

BTW, I like a lot the introductory text of the workshop:

"Software has become a necessity in almost every aspect of the daily
lives of individuals and organizations, from self-contained applications
to those embedded in various devices and services (mobile phones,
prescription entry systems, medication dispensers, heart pacemakers,
etc). A large proportion of these systems are mission/life-critical.
Among them, medical services are one of most popular services in our
daily life. According to a report from the National Academies Press,
medication errors harm at 1.5 million people a year in United States.
The extra costs for treating drug-related injuries occurring in
hospitals alone conservatively amount to 3.5 billion US dollars a year,
not including lost wages and productivity."...

Safety, safety, safety...

    Luis