[IGSTK-Developers] Requirement section headings in bug tracker

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Sep 9 17:17:20 EDT 2005

David,

Yeap, that was an experiment that we did after a tcon brainstorming
with Brian, Andy and Kevin G. It actually mapped the hierarchy that
Brian had created originally in his requirements Word document. At
the time we were checking if the requirements will appear in the correct
order when sorting them by "Title".

I agree with you that it is worth revisiting for having sections and
subsections in the requirements hierarchy.

It may not be too bad that those high level requirements don't match
the format expected by the checking script, because it is unlikely
that we commit code based only on a top level requirement. However,
I guess that we can ask Andy to extend the script in order to accept
the following formats too:

       REQ ##
       REQ ##.##

Still...
somehow I would prefer that commits are associated to the most
specific requirement possible, instead of something as general
as "REQ: 06  = Tracker Functional Requirement".

    Luis