[IGSTK-Developers] Requirement section headings in bug tracker

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Sep 8 23:14:44 EDT 2005

Here is a very interesting entry from a year ago that I found in the bug
tracker:

ID: 1106
Title: 06.01.00 Tracker Functional Requirements

This was an attempt by someone (Luis?) to put requirement section
headings into the bug tracker.  I think it is a great idea and
definitely worth revisiting.

The headings entries in the bug tracker could be formatted nearly the
same as the requirements themselves, but with the last digits missing:

REQ 06
Tracker Requirements

REQ 06.01
Tracker Functional Requirements

Because of the missing digits, the heading entries don't fit the pattern
"REQ ##.##.##" and people would not be able to do CVS commits against
them.  But it would still be easy for the document-generating script to
find them and pull them out.

Any thoughts?

  - David