[IGSTK-Developers] Requirement section headings in bug tracker

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Fri Sep 9 20:22:49 EDT 2005

Hi Luis,

When I wrote the email, I meant to indicate that
having the checking scripts reject "REQ ##.##" and
"REQ ##" would be a good thing, not a bad thing.

We don't want people to check in a requirement against
a section heading or a subheading.

 - David

--- Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> David,
>
> Yeap, that was an experiment that we did after a
tcon brainstorming
> with Brian, Andy and Kevin G. It actually mapped the
> hierarchy that Brian had created originally in his
requirements
> Word document. At the time we were checking if the
requirements will
> appear in the correct order when sorting them by
"Title".

> I agree with you that it is worth revisiting for
having sections and
> subsections in the requirements hierarchy.
>
> It may not be too bad that those high level
requirements don't match
> the format expected by the checking script, because
it is unlikely
> that we commit code based only on a top level
requirement. However,
> I guess that we can ask Andy to extend the script in
order to accept
> the following formats too:
>
>        REQ ##
>        REQ ##.##
>

> Still...
> somehow I would prefer that commits are associated
to the most
> specific requirement possible, instead of something
as general