[Ctk-developers] CTK, DCMTK and Debian

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 25 11:16:33 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I started to revive the CTK Debian project, modifying the existing
package a bit to use a more current revision. I also adapted the
get-orig-source scripts so you can get any revision and construct a
(hopefully) proper debian package version number. I put the results
here, they're just a prototype, it's my first try on any debian packaging:

https://github.com/nolden/ctk-debian

 From my results and the bug reports already filed there are two major
issues:

1. PythonQt needs some patches that are not in the debian package. I
can't estimate how difficult this is or if it's even an option to
disable this dependency for a first version of a package

2. DCMTK in debian is version 3.6.0. This unfortunately lacks the SCU
functionality we're using for Query/Retrieve. Before switching to 3.6.1
in the superbuild we had a backported version of the new SCU class in
the CTK repository (ctkDcmSCU). I tried to reactivate this backport in
my modified package but it failed to compile. I think the best way for
this would be to fix this in CTK itself by putting the new SCU class
there again, make it compile and add some CMake logic based on the DCMTK
version to choose the right class. But I'm not sure which other
non-compatible changes we have that require DCMTK >= 3.6.1.

Any comments on this?

Marco