[Ctk-developers] CTK tag

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Dec 7 16:41:56 EST 2011

Hi Dominique,

thanks for the P.S. ;-)

I was aware of the content of the libctk0.1 deb package and that is
actually the main reason for all of my questions. Would it even be
possible to have multiple libraries with different SO names in the same
package?

Right now, if for example Slicer depends only on libCTKCore.so.0.1 and
we create a new debian package and one of the other libraries requires a
major version bump because of API incompatibility, wouldn't that mean
that Slicer needs also to be repackaged (if the CTK package is upgraded
on a system with also Slicer package installed)?

Maybe this is all too theoretical and we are not at a stage yet where
those things matter...

Thanks,

Sascha