[ITK Community] [Insight-users] inverting a deformation field - problem

Tim Bhatnagar tim.bhatnagar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 09:06:26 EST 2013

I appreciate the response, Brad.

Can you tell me how the implementation of the 'WarpImageFilter' works, such
that when I input my Demons-generated displacement field, and my
'movingImage' (from Demons) as input, I get what looks like my 'fixedImage'
(from Demons) as output... making me think that the displacement field is
actually mapping my movingImage into my fixedImage?

Also, I use Paraview to visualize my field, and when visualized, it
illustrates what you are suggesting (the mapping that would take fixed ->
moving). But how then, does the WarpFilter use the SAME FIELD to warp my
movingImage into a very nice estimation of my fixedImage?

Sorry if any of that is convoluted..