[ITK Community] [Insight-users] inverting a deformation field - problem

Bradley Lowekamp brad at lowekamp.net
Mon Dec 9 09:00:37 EST 2013

Hello,

It not uncommon for resampling-type algorithms to have some points be mapped out side the the domain. This is why a boundary condition and extrapolators are used. If there are just a limited number of pixel being mapped out side, then the simplest way be by to just check if the pixel is within the image's region.

ITK's registration frameworks solve for a transform which maps from the "Fixed" image to the "Moving" image. This is well described int Chapter Eight of the old Software guide:

http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Brad