[ITK Community] [Insight-users] inverting a deformation field - problem

Johnson, Hans J hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Mon Dec 9 09:12:26 EST 2013

Tim,

The moving image is not “pushed into the space of the fixed image” it is “pulled into the space of the fixed image” Displacement fields are defined in the space of the “fixed” image, and at each location of the fixed image the displacement field describes the offset physical location in the moving image that is interpolated.

Hans