[CMake] Using CMake for general scripting tasks?

Alex Turbov i.zaufi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 20:26:28 EST 2017

Hi Sebastian,

Particularly I've used CMake "scripts" in some "build configurations" at
our CI server as a truly cross-platform scripting language for generic
tasks like download archive, check sha/md5, unpack it, do some file
operations... it works perfectly for Linux and Windows (it is why I chose
CMake %).

BTW, also I use it to talk to some REST API a little, but found lack of
setting arbitrary HTTP method... :( for simple requests it is fine, but
really soon it is not enough existed methods of `file` command... it is why
I'm thinking about to extend it (curl library used by CMake can do all that
I need)... but need to discuss first, cus I think `file` command is not a
suitable candidate for such kind of extension... (casting Brad King into
the thread %)

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:39 AM, Sebastian Gniazdowski <psprint at zdharma.org