[CMake] Using CMake for general scripting tasks?

Sebastian Gniazdowski psprint at zdharma.org
Mon Nov 13 19:39:47 EST 2017

Hello
CMake has so many powerful features that I always suspected, that it can be used for tasks normally handled by Bash or sh. I've found following package manager written in CMake:

https://docs.hunter.sh/en/latest/overview/what-is-it.html

So I think this project confirms CMake's potential for handling general scripting tasks. However, it's hard to get some inspiration from Hunter, it's just a large collection of CMake packages focused on one specialized goal.

But maybe someone used CMake for less specialized scripting tasks and would share? I'm writing Zsh plugin manager, Zplugin, and I want to integrate with CMake somehow, to get some swiss army knife features.

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
psprint /at/ zdharma.org