[CMake] Internal error bug in v3.4.2.

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jan 21 08:28:58 EST 2016

On 01/21/2016 07:53 AM, Gonzalo wrote:
> I delved into the cmake 3.4.2 source code and found the offending line
> in cmTarget.cxx:
>
>      cmSystemTools::ExpandListArgument((*it)->ge->Evaluate(mf,
>                                                config,
>                                                false,
>                                                tgt,
>                                                tgt,
>                                                dagChecker),
>                                      entrySources);
>
> This line never ends up calling ExpandListArgument and crashes before.
> All variables are defined but I am suspicious of the (*it)->ge auto
> pointer, but cannot comment further.

Thanks.  This is consistent with the call stack shown in your original
post.  That line is always executed so we need to figure out what goes
wrong with it in your particular case.  Since you can reproduce it in
mrViewer's configuration that is a good starting point.  Try removing
sources and libraries from mrViewer/src/CMakeLists.txt to simplify
it while still reproducing the problem.  If you can get rid of most
of the find_package calls at the top and the uses of their results
while still showing the problem then I can likely use that to get
the problem reproduced locally.

Thanks,
-Brad