[CMake] how to compile as 64bit on win

Martin Koller martin.koller at etm.at
Wed Mar 6 03:57:09 EST 2013

I'm using a current developers snapshot of cmake to include the fix of
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=add8d22acc9417cb144a0b497f4f5ef330bfc680

However, a simple cmake file

project(test)
message(${CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR})

always gives me "x86".

This is on a win8 machine and cmake run inside a shell with the title
"Visual Studio x64 Win64 Command Prompt (2010)"

Calling "cl" in this shell gives "... for x64" and checking the PATH env var
also shows that the first path is "...Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\amd64;..."

So ... what am I doing wrong ?

In cmake 2.8.10.2 I could use -G "Visual Studio 10 Win64" which is no longer an
option with the current cmake snapshot. With what exactly was it replaced ?
(I found the new option -T but without any useful documentation)

Also, how would I run cmake and creating a jom based builddir for 64bit ?
There was never an option "jom 64" or something ...

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

This mail was not scanned before sending.
It was sent from a secure Linux desktop.