[CMake] Generated Files Dependencies

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Jun 5 10:48:02 EDT 2013

On 6/5/2013 9:51 AM, Mike Krus wrote:
> Hi
>
> sorry for the delay. Yes, it indeed seems to be limited to the ninja
generator. When I use Makefiles it all works fine (well, apart from it
particularly slow which is why I switched to ninja in the first place ;-))

> Also to note that I get he same rebuild-everything behaviour with
files generated by moc or uic (from the Qt toolset).

> Any ideas on how to track it down?
Yes, there is some sort of issue with file paths in the depend file for
ninja.  It is on the ninja mailing list.  I have not had time to track
it down and create a patch yet.

See this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ninja-build/WLFbu68lN5U
"How to express generated header dependencies?"

If you could help track it down that would be great.  I think the fix is
easy.

-Bill