[CMake] Add Custom COmmand and CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Jan 4 15:28:26 EST 2012

I am having trouble getting add_custom_Command and CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR to work correctly together. This is what I have so far.

# ---------- Setup output Directories -------------------------
SET (CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY
  ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/Bin
  CACHE PATH
  "Single Directory for all Libraries"
  )

# Create our custom executable that will generate most of our QFilterWidget
# classes from information stored in the Filters themselves.
configure_file( ${FilterWidgets_SOURCE_DIR}/CodeGen.cpp.in
                ${FilterWidgets_BINARY_DIR}/FilterWidgetCodeGen.cpp)
add_executable(FilterWidgetCodeGen ${FilterWidgets_BINARY_DIR}/FilterWidgetCodeGen.cpp)
target_link_libraries(FilterWidgetCodeGen MXA EbsdLib DREAM3DLib)
set(EXE_EXTENSION "")
if (WIN32)
  set (EXE_EXTENSION ".exe")
endif()
# Now run the code to generate the header files which will over write the place
# holder files that were generated from above
add_custom_command(TARGET FilterWidgetCodeGen POST_BUILD
            COMMAND FilterWidgetCodeGen${EXE_EXTENSION}
            WORKING_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY})

I know this is going to fail on visual studio, which it did. The issue is, what combination of CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR and anything else do I use to get this to work?

Thanks