[CMake] Windows Ninja cmcldeps.exe too verbose

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun Aug 26 13:45:39 EDT 2012

On 23.08.2012 08:53, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> I was using the Intel provided build environment (sets up environment
> variables and runs cmd.exe) with CC and CXX set to icl which apparently
> is the cause of the extra verbosity.
>
> When I use the same environment without CC and CXX set (which in this
> case defaults them to cl provided by visual studio 2005) ninja/cmcldeps
> keeps quiet.

"Note: including file:" is generated by the compiler because of /ShowIncludes.

When cl is used we detect this localized string and suppress the output.
But it looks like this detection doesn't work for icl.

Could you have a look at "rule CXX_COMPILER" in rules.build and try to
figure out why it doesn't work for icl?

It should look like this:

rule CXX_COMPILER
   depfile = $DEP_FILE
   command = "C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/bin/cmcldeps.exe" CXX $in "$DEP_FILE" $out "Note: including file:"

Peter