[CMake] Windows Ninja cmcldeps.exe too verbose

Nils Gladitz gladitz at sci-vis.de
Thu Aug 23 02:53:10 EDT 2012

I was using the Intel provided build environment (sets up environment
variables and runs cmd.exe) with CC and CXX set to icl which apparently
is the cause of the extra verbosity.

When I use the same environment without CC and CXX set (which in this
case defaults them to cl provided by visual studio 2005) ninja/cmcldeps
keeps quiet.

Nils

On 08/23/2012 07:47 AM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 8/22/2012 5:34 AM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
>> I'm trying the Ninja generator on windows with CMake 2.8.9.
>>
>> When starting a build with "ninja" my console is flooded with messages
>> of the form:
>> "Note: including file: [...]" which I am guessing are generated by
>> cmcldeps(?).
>>
>> It feels like all that output is slowing down the build considerably
>> since the windows console is relatively slow.
>> Of course it also makes actually relevant output difficult to spot.
>>
>> Is there some way to turn the messages off?
>>
> Strange, I have not seen this at all.  What shell are you using?
>
> -Bill
>
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Nils Gladitz, B.Sc.
DICOM, Konnektivität und Entwicklung

Scivis wissenschaftliche Bildverarbeitung GmbH
Bertha-von-Suttner-Str. 5
D-37085 Göttingen
GERMANY
Handelsregister Nr. / Trade Register No. B3100 Göttingen
Geschäftsführer / Managing Directors Dr. Gernot Ebel, Dr. Uwe Engeland

Tel: 0049 (0)551 634181-28
E-Mail: gladitz at scivis.de
Web: www.scivis.de