[CMake] Total cmake newbie needs some help

Edgar edgarreynaldo at members.allegro.cc
Thu Aug 16 19:00:16 EDT 2012

I'm trying to help my friend get OpenLayer 2.1 to build and I'm having
some problems finding certain packages during the cmake call, and some
linking problems during the build process.

So, my first question is, what is a typical setup for finding a required
library dependency? There are several generated files named things like
FindALLEGRO.cmake, and FindFREETYPE.cmake, how do I generate those
files? I need to find both zlib and libpng in order to build the demo
programs.

My second questions is, how are link libraries set in the cmake build files?

Please be patient with me, I am a total newcomer to cmake, and my friend
really needs help with this to upgrade his MinGW, Allegro, and OpenLayer
versions....

Thanks,
Edgar