[CMake] XCode compiler selection

Andrew Corrigan acorriga at lcp.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Jan 28 08:39:22 EST 2011

I use the latest released version of CMake  When I set the compiler with CMake for the XCode generator my choice of compiler is completely ignored, and I have to manually select the compiler within XCode.  In particular, I want to be able to select the Intel compilers, as opposed to Gcc-4.2.  There is a discussion on this list [1] from last June which discusses the same problem, without any resolution . without any resolution. It seems to me that this is a bug.    Are there any workarounds to this issue which are better than having to set the compiler manually every time I regenerate my XCode project?

Thanks,
Andrew Corrigan

[1] http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-June/037353.html