[CMake] Default visual studio filters

Orcun Gokbulut madorcun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:38:06 EST 2011

Hello cmake users,

We are porting our visual studio based build system to cmake and its allmost
done with some minor problems.

One of the minor problem is default visual c++ filters (source groups)
I don't like (actually hate) visual c++'s default *.cpp *.h filters. (Not
the filter feature but the default filters) They make navigation hard at
solution explorer and I want source and header file to be listed next to
each other.
Therefore I want all of my source files to be not included in a filter and
remove "Source Files" and "Header Files" filters.  I have read the
documentation and exprimented with SOURCE_GROUP command but I can not figure
out how to remove default *.cpp and *.h source groups.

Also I'm going to add a special regex filter that combines auto generated
source codes in to a filter. Something like
source_group (ZPP REGULAR_EXPRESSION ".*\\.zpp")

How can I do that ?

Thanks every one,
Orçun