[CMake] Default visual studio filters

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Fri Feb 25 12:42:20 EST 2011

I was curious about an answer to this question. I don't think source and
header files should be separated either. It's just a nag, but if there was
an easy fix, I'd jump on it.

---
Aaron Wright

From:   Orcun Gokbulut <madorcun at gmail.com>
To:     cmake at cmake.org
Date:   02/23/2011 07:48 AM
Subject:        [CMake] Default visual studio filters
Sent by:        cmake-bounces at cmake.org

Hello cmake users,

We are porting our visual studio based build system to cmake and its
allmost done with some minor problems.

One of the minor problem is default visual c++ filters (source groups)
I don't like (actually hate) visual c++'s default *.cpp *.h filters. (Not
the filter feature but the default filters) They make navigation hard at
solution explorer and I want source and header file to be listed next to
each other.
Therefore I want all of my source files to be not included in a filter and
remove "Source Files" and "Header Files" filters.  I have read the
documentation and exprimented with SOURCE_GROUP command but I can not
figure out how to remove default *.cpp and *.h source groups.

Also I'm going to add a special regex filter that combines auto generated
source codes in to a filter. Something like
source_group (ZPP REGULAR_EXPRESSION ".*\\.zpp")

How can I do that ?

Thanks every one,