[CMake] Installing cmake-2.8.4-Darwin-universal.dmg

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 17:02:44 EST 2011

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the link,

After reading the link below, I think I will write a little script to delete
the symlinks and see if the install works, if not then I will
write another script to create them.

Alternatively after reading your second paragraph it may be better to rename
the installation to /Applications/CMake.app and manually create the
symlinks. The for future installations all I would need to do is to do the
installation but DO NOT create the symlinks then rename the installation to
CMake.app. I generally don't keep side by side versions of CMake.

With respect to PATH, I have noticed that in some cases the PATH is ignored
in Macs but /usr/local/bin is not, hence the need for symlinks.

Thanks for the help.
   Andrew

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 09:43:10 +1100, Andrew Maclean said:
>
> >I am attempting to install this on Snow Leopard. The installation seems to
> >work Ok but fails at the Install Command Line Tools stage, with the
> message:
> >Failed create symlink installation may be incomplete: /usr/bin/ccmake
> >... and so forth for all the command line tools.
> >
> >Clearly this is a permissions issue. The installer actually does ask for
> my
> >password and the gui seems to be successfully installed in the Apps
> folder,
> >so I suspect sudo rights are not being propagated to the symlink creation
> >stage.
>
> This has failed for as long as I can remember.  It might be this:
> <http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10938>
>
> >So how do I get the Command Lines stuff installed? (Aside from manually
> >creating them.)
>
> What I do is add /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin to my PATH.  If
> you do this, you'll also need to remember to rename the installed CMake
> every time (to remove the version number):
> <http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11693>
>
> --

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Australian Centre for Field Robotics (ACFR)
The Rose Street Building J04
The University of Sydney  2006  NSW
AUSTRALIA
Ph: +61 2 9351 3283