[CMake] Installing cmake-2.8.4-Darwin-universal.dmg

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Feb 21 10:25:52 EST 2011

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 09:43:10 +1100, Andrew Maclean said:

>I am attempting to install this on Snow Leopard. The installation seems to
>work Ok but fails at the Install Command Line Tools stage, with the message:
>Failed create symlink installation may be incomplete: /usr/bin/ccmake
>... and so forth for all the command line tools.
>
>Clearly this is a permissions issue. The installer actually does ask for my
>password and the gui seems to be successfully installed in the Apps folder,
>so I suspect sudo rights are not being propagated to the symlink creation
>stage.

This has failed for as long as I can remember.  It might be this:
<http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10938>

>So how do I get the Command Lines stuff installed? (Aside from manually
>creating them.)

What I do is add /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin to my PATH.  If
you do this, you'll also need to remember to rename the installed CMake
every time (to remove the version number):
<http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11693>

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com