[CMake] Installing cmake-2.8.4-Darwin-universal.dmg

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:43:10 EST 2011

I am attempting to install this on Snow Leopard. The installation seems to
work Ok but fails at the Install Command Line Tools stage, with the message:
Failed create symlink installation may be incomplete: /usr/bin/ccmake
... and so forth for all the command line tools.

Clearly this is a permissions issue. The installer actually does ask for my
password and the gui seems to be successfully installed in the Apps folder,
so I suspect sudo rights are not being propagated to the symlink creation
stage.

So how do I get the Command Lines stuff installed? (Aside from manually
creating them.)

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Australian Centre for Field Robotics (ACFR)
The Rose Street Building J04
The University of Sydney  2006  NSW
AUSTRALIA
Ph: +61 2 9351 3283