[CMake] Generator for NetBeans 6.9

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed May 26 12:12:51 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 26 May 2010, Sebastian Meier wrote:
> Update.
>
> After a more thorough look at the code, I believe that Alex was on the
> right track. I have copied cmExtraEclipseCDT4Generator to
> cmExtraNetBeans69Generator, registered the new generator via
> AddExtraGenerator() (in cmake.cxx), and removed any Eclipse-specific stuff
> from my new generator.
>
> Today I will start outputting the "configurations.xml" file which contains
> most of NetBeans' settings. I will concentrate on the aspects needed to get
> our own projects to work, namely:
>
> - add source folders
> - set include paths
> - set compile flags
> - set binary name
> - set library paths
> - set libraries
> - set runtime library search directories (!?)
> - set run directory
> - set project charset via CMake-variable
> - prefer relative paths (if configured)

Hmm, if you plan to implement a makefile-based generator, why are all those
settings needed in the project file ?
I would expect:
- the available targets to build
- the names of the created executables (for debugging)
- the source files for the targets
- source and binary directory
- include dirs and compile flags to make code completion work

Why are the following needed ?
- set library paths
- set libraries
- set runtime library search directories (!?)

Alex