[CMake] No Native 64-Bit CMake Binaries?

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Thu May 6 09:36:41 EDT 2010

Yes, it works for now. However, the 64-bit version for MacOSX 10.6 is currently "broken" (at least to the extent that some of the tests don't "work out of the box" without specific configuration). I think that it is important that the community have as much experience as possible with the "new" implementation BEFORE the "old" one stops working entirely. We should encourage 64-bit capable users to use 64-bit implementations.

I'm happy to build my own from source. But it appears that some others are unwilling to do so.
Perhaps you should post notice to the effect that those who want a 64-bit version should build it from source.
I'm sure that the OS distributors that provide CMake all do that already. They don't rely on YOUR binaries when the source is available.

Richard