[CMake] CPackDeb generator patch

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Mon Feb 15 08:01:25 EST 2010

Zitat von Droscy <droscy85 at yahoo.it>:

> Hi, I've tested your patch and it works fine.
>
> I've noticed that it creates a double-dependency: libc6 (>= 2.1.3),
> libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6~) I don't know if this is a bug or it is correct,
> anyway I'm notifying you.

It is correct. The result required libc >= 2.3.6-6 which also
satisfies >=2.1.3. It's not minimal but still correct.

> I have, also, a suggestion (I don't know how easy is to implement, but
> I'll tell you): in the final dependency list, user-specified depends
> should override the same depends found with dpkg-shlibdeps. For example
> I have a program that depends on libqtcore4, actually it needs at least
> version 4.5.2, but on my system I have 4.6.0, so the final dependency
> list contains both my entry and the one found on my system, instead it
> should contain only my entry.

That's not fully correct. Your program may work on both qt-4.5.2 and
qt-4.6 when compiled with qt-4.5.2 but not necessarily when compiled
with qt-4.6. At least that's not true for every case.
If you know better, then don't use dpkg-shlibdeps.

HS