[CMake] Minimal Info.plist

Timothy Shead tshead at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 20 13:44:27 EDT 2010

On 4/20/10 10:11 AM, Ben Medina wrote:
> What's throwing me off is the wiki says this about the Bundle
> generator: "Rationale: de-facto standard mechanism for distributing
> bundles." Unless that's only specifically referencing the previous
> sentence about distributing a compressed disk image.

Which it is ... not sure what the confusion is?

> Is there any documentation about why one would choose the Bundle
> generator over DragNDrop?

Sometimes you need more control over the contents of a bundle than
DragNDrop provides.  For example, you might have a single bundle
containing a "main", graphical UI application plus secondary helper
applications that run in the background.  BundleGenerator gives you
flexibility to create such a bundle, whereas DragNDrop would create a
dmg with several bundles, one-per-app.  Of course, the cost is greater
complexity.

Cheers,
Tim

--