[CMake] Resolution of dependencies for Subversion

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sat Sep 26 11:05:03 EDT 2009

You could look to FindImageMagick for inspiration.  It started as a way to
find the ImageMagick binary utilities like "convert" and "mogrify" but
support was added to detect the ImageMagick libraries via specifying
additional COMPONENTS.

Not sure if this approach is completely correct for Subversion because it
also seems to depend on APR.  APR should probably be it's own find module
that the Subversion one calls.  E.g.

find_package(Subversion COMPONENTS devel)
    (FindSubversion calls find_package(APR) and returns SUBVERSION_LIBRARIES
which includes libsvn, libapr, etc. to the user)

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM, SF Markus Elfring <
elfring at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> > Again, to me it looks like FindSubversion is for *using* Subversion, not
> > for building it. As such, setting up include paths and link libraries is
> > not appropriate in that module.
>
> Does a naming convention exist for configuration scripts?
> How should names be distinguished between scripts which look only for the
> availability of specific client software like the command "svn" and files
> which determine all parameters for the build process to enable customised
> software development?
>
> Regards,
> Markus

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ