[CMake] 'cmake -E copy_directory' fails

Kelly (KT) Thompson kt at transpireinc.com
Fri Sep 25 13:30:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am having intermittent trouble executing

$ cmake -E copy_directory /full/path/to/large/directory /new/path

Originally, the copy_directory was failing deep in my build system
(add_custom_command), but the failure is repeatable from the command line
(exactly as shown above).  The failure message is always the same:

$ Error copying directory from "/full/path/to/large/directory" to
"/new/path".

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to determine the actual cause of the
failure.  I can execute 'cp -r' reliably without error. I am not sure if
this is a failure in CMake or a system problem.  The directory in question
has about 7000 files in it with a total size of about 75 MB.  The copy is
going over an NFS mapped drive.

I'm using RHEL4 (Nahant Update 8) 64-bit and cmake version 2.6-patch 4.

Thanks for any advice!

-kt