[CMake] CPack, error generating rpm file, error "File must begin with "/": "

Pascale B chose29 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 11:04:06 EDT 2009

Hi Eric,

   Thanks for your help. I use a remote computer in order to test many operating systems. The content of rpmbuild.out is enigmatic, it seems empty:

Processing files: sources-1.04.0-1
RPM build errors:

The commande :cpack -D CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_DEBUG=1 -G RPM
gives the following output:

-bash-3.2$ cpack -D CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_DEBUG=1 -G RPM
CPack: Create package using RPM
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Run preinstall target for: sources
CPack: - Install project: sources
CPack: Compress package
CPackRPM:Debug: rpmbuild version is <4.6.1>
CPackRPM:Debug: CPACK_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY          = /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM
CPackRPM:Debug: CPACK_TOPLEVEL_TAG                = Linux
CPackRPM:Debug: CPACK_TEMPORARY_DIRECTORY         = /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/sources-1.04.0-Linux
CPackRPM:Debug: CPACK_OUTPUT_FILE_NAME            = sources-1.04.0-Linux.rpm
CPackRPM:Debug: CPACK_OUTPUT_FILE_PATH            = /home/lnx/sources-1.04.0-Linux.rpm
CPackRPM:Debug: CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME           = sources-1.04.0-Linux
CPackRPM:Debug: CPACK_RPM_BINARY_SPECFILE         = /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/SPECS/sources.spec
CPackRPM:Debug: CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY   = sources 1.04.0
CPackRPM:Debug: CPACK_TEMPORARY_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME = /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/sources-1.04.0-Linux.rpm
CPackRPM:Debug: You may consult rpmbuild logs in:
CPackRPM:Debug:    - /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/rpmbuild.err
CPackRPM:Debug:    - /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/rpmbuild.out
CPack: Finalize package
CPack Error: Problem copying the package: /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/sources-1.04.0-Linux.rpm to /home/lnx/sources-1.04.0-Linux.rpm
CPack Error: Error when generating package: sources

The spec file is the following (sources.spec):

# -*- rpm-spec -*-
Buildroot:      /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/sources-1.04.0-Linux
Name:           sources
Version:        1.04.0
Release:        1
License:        unknown
Group:          unknown
Vendor:         Humanity

#p define prefix /usr/local
%define _rpmdir /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM
%define _rpmfilename sources-1.04.0-Linux.rpm
%define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0
%define _topdir /home/lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM

%description
DESCRIPTION
===========

This is an installer created using CPack (http://www.cmake.org). No additional installation instructions provided.

# This is a shortcutted spec file
# generated by CMake RPM generator
# we skip the _prepn _build and _install
# steps because CPack does that for us
#p prep

#p build

#p install

%clean

%files
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
#p dir %{prefix}
#p {prefix}/*
/*

%changelog
* Mon Oct 03 2008 Erk <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
  Update generator to handle optional dependencies using Requires
  Update DEBUG output typos.
* Mon Aug 25 2008 Erk <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
  Update generator to handle optional post-install
* Tue Aug 16 2007 Erk <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
  Generated by CPack RPM Generator and associated macros

Pascale