[CMake] CPack, error generating rpm file, error "File must begin with "/": "

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:39:14 EDT 2009

2009/6/25 Pascale B <chose29 at hotmail.com>:
> Hi Eric,
>
>    I already had this buildroot problem and fixed it, I copied the file
> locally and can create packages (rpm, deb) on my local computer without any
> problems.

Ok sorry about that I didn't remember that yuo already faced this.

>    The problem I have now is on another computer, accessed through SSH, and
> I already replaced the CPackRPM.cmake file.

Ok you did replace the CPackRPM.cmake on the remote computer.

>  Where could the "File must begin
> with "/": come from? I tried to grep this error string in the cmake folder
> and didn't find it?

I don't know, what is the content of rpmbuild.out file?

Would you be able to

0) ssh to the machine
1) cd /to/the/buildir
2) cpack -D CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_DEBUG=1 -G RPM

and copy the output here.
And send me the buggy generated specs file
should be in .../lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/SPECS.

What kind of linux is the remote system?
   Fedora 9,10,11? Mandriva, Debian etc...

How are you launching your RPM build on the remote SSH.
Do you use the same CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX locally and

Would you be able to run your RPM building on a remotely launched terminal:
i.e.

0) ssh -X login at remote
1) gnome-terminal

work on the locally displayed remote terminal.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org