[CMake] Using relative paths with INSTALL

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Jun 8 14:38:04 EDT 2009

The drag-n-drop generator puts a copy of the "make install" tree at the root
of the disk image produced...
So if your "make install" tree has bundles in it, they're in there.
Otherwise, not.

I think the answer to your question : "will '..' always work in INSTALL
rules?" is -- it depends. We will not knowingly break it intentionally...
However, unless there is a test for it in the cmake test suite, it may get
broken unintentionally.

Could you devise/contribute a new test (or an extension to an existing test)
that would verify that the INSTALL behavior we have now remains that way?

On the other hand, I can think of some cases where you will have file/dir
create/write access under the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX directly, but not in some
of its subdirectories. In that case, it would not work even now...

HTH,
David