[CMake] Moving QT getting FIND_PACKAGE( Qt4 ) to work

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Apr 27 17:50:47 EDT 2009

On 2009-04-27 18:47+0200 Anders Backman wrote:

> Hi all.
> I have a problem where I pack the necessary stuff from qt into a dependency
> zip file (.h, .lib, .dll and qmake.exe).
>
> I have the path to qmake setup, so that qmake can be found.
>
> Then I unpack that to some specified directory and run cmake on my own code.
>
> My projectgs CMakeLists.txt call FIND_PACKAGE( Qt4 ) which among other
> things call:
>
> qmake -query QT_INSTALL_LIBS (
>
> Now this returns with the ORIGINAL build directory, not the new one where
> qmake actually exists.

You have gotten a lot of answers, but I think they are too complicated. I am
a Qt newbie, but what works for me under Linux is simply to adjust the PATH
so that the "qmake" command refers to the version that I want.  I don't know
why your PATH adjustment did not work, but it certainly works for me.  The
PATH adjustment must be done, of course, before building a Qt dependent
project (PLplot in this case) in an initially empty build tree.  For
example:

PATH='/home/software/qtsdk-2009.02/qt/bin:'$PATH

cmake ....

works like a charm.  I only get that downloaded (and unpacked) version of
Qt4.5.1 referred to in the PLplot build rather than my Qt4.4.3 system version.

HTH.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).