[CMake] Moving QT getting FIND_PACKAGE( Qt4 ) to work

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Apr 27 19:01:41 EDT 2009

On 27.04.09 14:50:47, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> On 2009-04-27 18:47+0200 Anders Backman wrote:
>> I have a problem where I pack the necessary stuff from qt into a dependency
>> zip file (.h, .lib, .dll and qmake.exe).
>>
>> I have the path to qmake setup, so that qmake can be found.
>>
>> Then I unpack that to some specified directory and run cmake on my own code.
>>
>> My projectgs CMakeLists.txt call FIND_PACKAGE( Qt4 ) which among other
>> things call:
>>
>> qmake -query QT_INSTALL_LIBS (
>>
>> Now this returns with the ORIGINAL build directory, not the new one where
>> qmake actually exists.
>
> You have gotten a lot of answers, but I think they are too complicated. I am
> a Qt newbie, but what works for me under Linux is simply to adjust the PATH
> so that the "qmake" command refers to the version that I want.  I don't know
> why your PATH adjustment did not work, but it certainly works for me.  The
> PATH adjustment must be done, of course, before building a Qt dependent
> project (PLplot in this case) in an initially empty build tree.  For
> example:
>
> PATH='/home/software/qtsdk-2009.02/qt/bin:'$PATH

The sdk is relocateable, it adjusts the internal paths. Try moving the
sdk folder to somewhere else after installation and then run qmake.
Thats the problem that Anders has a Qt installation is not relocateable
unless you add qt.conf file that tells qmake where its "parts" are (lib,
header, docs, mkspecs etc). The prefix you choose under linux via
-prefix is hardcoded into the qmake executable (and on windows its the
same, except you don't have a -prefix switch).

Andreas

--
Never give an inch!