[CMake] WinCE Support

Andreas Pokorny andreas.pokorny at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:30:52 EDT 2009

2009/4/15 Clemens Arth <clemens.arth at gmx.at>:

> That's a great idea actually, but I already mentioned exactly this about 9
> months ago when we started the discussion. It would definitely be the best
> solution, but at that time I could not figure out how to do it in a clever
> way because there is (to my knowledge) no functionality for dialogs in the
> cmake framework (just the message stuff for indicating errors), and you
> would have to implement such a thing also for the text-mode configuration,
> which makes things even more difficult. Nevertheless, if you were able to
> implement some dialogs in the framework, this would greatly improve the way
> of configuring projects with cmake, because you could also graphically set
> up everything else, like setting the toolchain file for example...

Oh, ok. I think I did not listen properly at that time :(.
Best I could come up now at the moment, would be to extend the factory
method facility
in the cmake::Generators map to allow attaching strings. Then in
cmake::AddDefaultGenerators
I would initiate the parsing of the vcpackages xml file that contains
the platform info. Then for
each platform I would add a VS8 or VS9 SDK Generator factory method
with the respective platform string
attached.

kind regards
Andreas Pokorny