[CMake] WinCE Support

Clemens Arth clemens.arth at gmx.at
Wed Apr 15 12:50:40 EDT 2009

Andreas Pokorny schrieb:
> 2009/4/15 Clemens Arth <clemens.arth at gmx.at>:
>
>> That's a great idea actually, but I already mentioned exactly this about 9
>> months ago when we started the discussion. It would definitely be the best
>> solution, but at that time I could not figure out how to do it in a clever
>> way because there is (to my knowledge) no functionality for dialogs in the
>> cmake framework (just the message stuff for indicating errors), and you
>> would have to implement such a thing also for the text-mode configuration,
>> which makes things even more difficult. Nevertheless, if you were able to
>> implement some dialogs in the framework, this would greatly improve the way
>> of configuring projects with cmake, because you could also graphically set
>> up everything else, like setting the toolchain file for example...
>>

> Oh, ok. I think I did not listen properly at that time :(.
> Best I could come up now at the moment, would be to extend the factory
> method facility
> in the cmake::Generators map to allow attaching strings. Then in
> cmake::AddDefaultGenerators
> I would initiate the parsing of the vcpackages xml file that contains
> the platform info. Then for
> each platform I would add a VS8 or VS9 SDK Generator factory method
> with the respective platform string
> attached.

Well at that time you were probably having a hard time writing the WinCE
toolchain file which is now the fundamental part to all the stuff so you
have a good excuse :-)

Using the generator facility really sounds like a good idea. The
remaining question is just if you also can get the information out of
the vcpackages xml file which toolchain file to use (setting the
PlatformName string basically). Looking at my xml file there is just one
parameter namely CEVER that might be helpful. I do not know if it would
be necessary to use a different toolchain in some special cases, but I
guess that in this case there might be some other property entry in the
xml file which would make a decision possible...

Regards
Clemens