[CMake] CMake 2.6.0 Beta ready for testing!

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Mar 28 10:35:46 EDT 2008

David Thulson wrote:
> I tried the OSX Universal dmg and the install process appears to have
> gone badly.  I already have cmake 2.4.8 installed so that appears to
> have caused at least some issues.  The 2.6 installer asked me where I
> wanted it to put the command-line links and I used the default
> "/usr/bin/".  The first time, it appeared to do nothing because when I
> ran "cmake --version" it said something like "2.4 patch 8" (I don't
> remember exactly, but not 2.6).  I manually removed the cmake files
> from /usr/bin/ and reran the installer.  Now it appears to have
> recreated the files, but when I run "cmake --version" (or "cmake
> --help") I get this:
>
> $ cmake --version
> CMake Error: Could not find CMAKE_ROOT !!!
> CMake has most likely not been installed correctly.
> Modules directory not found in
> /usr/bin
> Bus error
>
> Any ideas?  Is there a problem with my cmake 2.4.8 conflicting?  How
> do I remove 2.4.8 and my messed up 2.6 so I can try again?

Sadly the mac does not have uninstall...   You should be able to remove
all the stuff in /usr/bin /usr/share cmake related.
> Also, while I only recently switched to a Mac, it does not appear to
> be common that you create a subdirectory in Applications by default.
> It seems like it would be nice if the cmake-gui application bundle was
> just directly in Applications.  That isn't a big deal, just a thought.

Can you try:
  http://www.cmake.org/files/vCVS/cmake-2.7.20080327-Darwin-universal.dmg

That should fix the segfault.  It should also install well on top of the
other stuff you have.

-Bill