[CMake] CMake 2.6.0 Beta ready for testing!

David Thulson david.thulson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:27:48 EDT 2008

I tried the OSX Universal dmg and the install process appears to have
gone badly.  I already have cmake 2.4.8 installed so that appears to
have caused at least some issues.  The 2.6 installer asked me where I
wanted it to put the command-line links and I used the default
"/usr/bin/".  The first time, it appeared to do nothing because when I
ran "cmake --version" it said something like "2.4 patch 8" (I don't
remember exactly, but not 2.6).  I manually removed the cmake files
from /usr/bin/ and reran the installer.  Now it appears to have
recreated the files, but when I run "cmake --version" (or "cmake
--help") I get this:

$ cmake --version
CMake Error: Could not find CMAKE_ROOT !!!
CMake has most likely not been installed correctly.
Modules directory not found in
/usr/bin
Bus error

Any ideas?  Is there a problem with my cmake 2.4.8 conflicting?  How
do I remove 2.4.8 and my messed up 2.6 so I can try again?

Also, while I only recently switched to a Mac, it does not appear to
be common that you create a subdirectory in Applications by default.
It seems like it would be nice if the cmake-gui application bundle was
just directly in Applications.  That isn't a big deal, just a thought.

David Thulson