[CMake] cmake on open solaris

Andy Lego andy at legoandy.com
Tue Mar 18 09:50:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

CMake is tested both with gcc and Sun's compiler. Both in 32 and 64 bit mode.

Andy

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 3:32 AM, Tavitayya Varanasi
<Tavitayya.Varanasi at sun.com> wrote:

>  Actually, We are planing to make cmake as a package available with open
>  solaris.
>

>  Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>  > Tavitayya Varanasi wrote:
>  >>     SUN is planing to port cmake on Indiana ( a version of open
>  >> solaris ).
>  >
>  > There is porting to be done? Hmm... I successfully built and tested
>  > cmake 2.4.8 on Solaris 10/x86... I admit I haven't actually *used* that
>  > build, though I have used 2.4.6 on a different Sun box. I want to say
>  > that's the platform where ctest+gmake have some strange interaction that
>  > makes two of the tests fail *only* when run under gmake, but other than
>  > that, as far as I know everything works "out of the box". (Incidentally,
>  > if you can get one of GNU or Kitware to take responsibility for the
>  > problem and actually fix it, that would be great; I had no success when
>  > I tried.)
>  >
>  >> Is this a right alias to post some doubts if we have?
>  >
>  > You doubt cmake? ;-)
>  >
>  > If you mean "questions", then yes.
>  >

>  Yes, I mean questions only :-)
>
>  Since you already have built and tested it on solaris, I guess work
>  should not be much.
>
>  What compiler has been used to build on Solaris?
>
>  Will post some questions as we progress. :-)
>
>  Thanks for the response.
>
>  -Tavit

http://legoandy.com -o- http://capitalmtb.org

Support my 150 mile bike ride to fight MS:
http://bikecan.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=3921627&pg=personal&fr_id=9066