[CMake] cmake on open solaris

Tavitayya Varanasi Tavitayya.Varanasi at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 18 06:32:16 EDT 2008

Actually, We are planing to make cmake as a package available with open
solaris.

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Tavitayya Varanasi wrote:
>>     SUN is planing to port cmake on Indiana ( a version of open
>> solaris ).
>
> There is porting to be done? Hmm... I successfully built and tested
> cmake 2.4.8 on Solaris 10/x86... I admit I haven't actually *used* that
> build, though I have used 2.4.6 on a different Sun box. I want to say
> that's the platform where ctest+gmake have some strange interaction that
> makes two of the tests fail *only* when run under gmake, but other than
> that, as far as I know everything works "out of the box". (Incidentally,
> if you can get one of GNU or Kitware to take responsibility for the
> problem and actually fix it, that would be great; I had no success when
> I tried.)
>
>> Is this a right alias to post some doubts if we have?
>
> You doubt cmake? ;-)
>
> If you mean "questions", then yes.

Yes, I mean questions only :-)

Since you already have built and tested it on solaris, I guess work
should not be much.

What compiler has been used to build on Solaris?

Will post some questions as we progress. :-)

Thanks for the response.

-Tavit