[CMake] cmake on open solaris

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 17 18:29:44 EDT 2008

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Tavitayya Varanasi wrote:
>>>     SUN is planing to port cmake on Indiana ( a version of open
>>> solaris ).
>>
>> There is porting to be done? Hmm... I successfully built and tested
>> cmake 2.4.8 on Solaris 10/x86... I admit I haven't actually *used*
>> that build, though I have used 2.4.6 on a different Sun box. I want to
>> say that's the platform where ctest+gmake have some strange
>> interaction that makes two of the tests fail *only* when run under
>> gmake, but other than that, as far as I know everything works "out of
>> the box". (Incidentally, if you can get one of GNU or Kitware to take
>> responsibility for the problem and actually fix it, that would be
>> great; I had no success when I tried.)
>>

> If someone is willing to setup a nightly dashboard on a system we do not
> have nightly testing for, I will help them get all tests passing.  If
> not, it is a waste of my time, since it will likely be broken again in
> the future without nightly testing.

Alas, unless I get the opportunity to start a new project (in which case
I will be strongly pushing cmake as the build system), I doubt I'd be
able to get permission to set up nightly tests. Which is too bad,
because if I *could* convince a project to switch, and subsequently
convince people that nightly tests of the build tool are a Good Idea,
I'd stand a chance at contributing nightly builds for about a dozen
platforms.

However, as I was saying, the problem is not the tests themselves, but
the tests /run under GNU make/, i.e. they pass when I invoke ctest
directly. I tried to take this up with the GNU make folk, but I got one
response, and none to my follow-up. Here's the link to the latest I had:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-make/2007-03/msg00037.html

--
Matthew
Sending this e-mail does not constitute endorsement of the contents; I