[CMake] CPack Components with NSIS and using InstallRequiredSystemLibraries

Doug Gregor doug.gregor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:23:51 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Thomas Moelhave <thomasm at daimi.au.dk> wrote:
> Hmm, it does work using the example project here:
> http://www.cmake.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Tests/CPackComponents/?root=CMake
> and adding
> include(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)
> before
> include(CPack)
>
> I guess I must be doing _something_ wrong,

Maybe, maybe not; we don't know what you're doing :)

I noticed that I need to update the wiki page with instructions for
using the new cpack_add_* commands, which will make life a bit easier.
 Documentation for these commands is available via:

  cmake --help-module CPack

Since you're probably setting CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL explicitly, could
you try adding Unspecified to that list?

> although I still get confused
> by the fact that it works for the ZIP generator. I'll investigate some
> more.

The ZIP generator uses a completely different code path than ignores
components completely. It has almost nothing to do with the NSIS
generator.

  - Doug