[CMake] CPack ZIP error with NSIS on WinXP

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Wed Jul 2 10:02:11 EDT 2008

On Jul 2, 2008, at 3:25 AM, Eric NOULARD wrote:

> Le Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:57:29 -0400,
> Mike Jackson <mike.jackson at imts.us> a écrit :
>
>> I got the ZIP part to work by putting the 7zip.exe on my "path" in
>> windows xp.
>>
>> The last problem is still that CPack is NOT copying my 3rd party
>> libraries into the installer staging area. If I do a "make install"
>> in msys I _will_ get all the proper libraries copied into the
>> installation area.
>
> After checking your initial message
> it seems that you install your third party lilb using an absolute
> path:
>
> INSTALL(FILES
> ${${basename}_BIN_DIR}/${${basename}_LIB_DEBUG_NAME}.dll DESTINATION
> ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin CONFIGURATIONS Debug COMPONENT Runtime)
>
> You DON'T need to use "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin" but
> only "bin", like this:
>
> INSTALL(FILES
> ${${basename}_BIN_DIR}/${${basename}_LIB_DEBUG_NAME}.dll DESTINATION
> bin CONFIGURATIONS Debug COMPONENT Runtime)
>
> if so could you try:
>    1) install the third party lib with relative path
>    2) use SET(CPACK_SET_DESTDIR "ON") in your CMakeLists.txt
>
> I don't know the behavior of the NSIS installer regarding absolutely
> installed file, but there are known issues with other CPack generators
> with absolute installed files (unless you SET(CPACK_SET_DESTDIR "ON"))
>
> If you want to know more on the subject look at this thread on the ML:
> http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-May/021638.html

That was it. Thank you very much. I owe you one for that. I found
some other bugs in my cmake code because of this.

Last question. It looks like CPack is generating both a .exe and
a .zip installer? Is this normal on windows? Do I need both?
(Complete Windows nood when it comes to making installers)

Thanks for the help and looking over my cmake code. I'll put up a
wiki page a bit later for complete newbies like myself unless I just
missed something like that already.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer