[CMake] CPack ZIP error with NSIS on WinXP

Eric NOULARD eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 03:25:55 EDT 2008

Le Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:57:29 -0400,
Mike Jackson <mike.jackson at imts.us> a écrit :

> I got the ZIP part to work by putting the 7zip.exe on my "path" in
> windows xp.
>
> The last problem is still that CPack is NOT copying my 3rd party
> libraries into the installer staging area. If I do a "make install"
> in msys I _will_ get all the proper libraries copied into the
> installation area.

After checking your initial message
it seems that you install your third party lilb using an absolute
path:

INSTALL(FILES
${${basename}_BIN_DIR}/${${basename}_LIB_DEBUG_NAME}.dll DESTINATION
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin CONFIGURATIONS Debug COMPONENT Runtime)

You DON'T need to use "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin" but
only "bin", like this:

INSTALL(FILES
${${basename}_BIN_DIR}/${${basename}_LIB_DEBUG_NAME}.dll DESTINATION
bin CONFIGURATIONS Debug COMPONENT Runtime)

if so could you try:
   1) install the third party lib with relative path
   2) use SET(CPACK_SET_DESTDIR "ON") in your CMakeLists.txt

I don't know the behavior of the NSIS installer regarding absolutely
installed file, but there are known issues with other CPack generators
with absolute installed files (unless you SET(CPACK_SET_DESTDIR "ON"))

If you want to know more on the subject look at this thread on the ML:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-May/021638.html