[CMake] CPack ZIP error with NSIS on WinXP

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 10:18:42 EDT 2008

2008/7/2 Mike Jackson <mike.jackson at imts.us>:

> That was it. Thank you very much. I owe you one for that. I found some other
> bugs in my cmake code because of this.

You are welcome :=)

> Last question. It looks like CPack is generating both a .exe and a .zip
> installer? Is this normal on windows? Do I need both? (Complete Windows nood
> when it comes to making installers)

You have to chose what you need for installer.

However, you may control the type of generator invoked by CPack when run
using CPACK_GENERATOR var,

SET(CPACK_GENERATOR "NSIS;ZIP")

will generate both a ZIP containing the file to be installed
and an NSIS generated installer.

SET(CPACK_GENERATOR "NSIS")
would only build the NSIS one.

default value for this var is platform dependent, moreover
the available CPack generator is different for different platform
and may be known using:

cpack --help

--
Erk