[CMake] CPack ZIP error with NSIS on WinXP

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Tue Jul 1 17:57:29 EDT 2008

I got the ZIP part to work by putting the 7zip.exe on my "path" in
windows xp.

The last problem is still that CPack is NOT copying my 3rd party
libraries into the installer staging area. If I do a "make install"
in msys I _will_ get all the proper libraries copied into the
installation area.

Not sure what the difference is at this point.

This is what I have so far for my CPack code which is called from my
normal cmake scripts.

INCLUDE(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)

SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_SUMMARY "Tools to work with HDF5 files
and MXA Files")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VENDOR "IMTS- CTMD Group")
# SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_FILE "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/
ReadMe.txt")
# SET(CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/
Copyright.txt")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR "${MXATOOLS_VERSION_MAJOR}")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR "${MXATOOLS_VERSION_MINOR}")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH "${MXATOOLS_VERSION_PATCH}")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY "MXA Tools $
{CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR}.${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR}.$
{CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH}")
SET(CPACK_SOURCE_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME
   "mxatools-${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR}.$
{CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR}.${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH}")
IF(WIN32 AND NOT UNIX)
   # There is a bug in NSI that does not handle full unix paths
properly. Make
   # sure there is at least one set of four (4) backlasshes.
   SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_ICON "${PROJECT_RESOURCES_DIR}\\\
\CPackInstallIcon.jpg")
#  SET(CPACK_NSIS_INSTALLED_ICON_NAME "bin\\\\MyExecutable.exe")
   SET(CPACK_NSIS_DISPLAY_NAME "${CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}
MXA Tools")
   SET(CPACK_NSIS_HELP_LINK "http:\\\\\\\\www.my-project-home-page.org")
   SET(CPACK_NSIS_URL_INFO_ABOUT "http:\\\\\\\\www.my-personal-home-
page.com")