[CMake] XCode generator issues for XIB files and project file version

Baron Roberts baron at cthing.com
Sun Dec 7 17:31:20 EST 2008

Hello folks, recently I have been focusing on using cmake to generate Xcode
project files for building iPhone software. Things have been going very well
proving once again the power of cmake. I did encounter two issues in Xcode
project file generation both of which I have filed as issues complete with
patches that address the problems. I wanted to make folks aware of these
issues to hopefully save some head scratching.

1. [Issue #8253] XIB files are treated as source code. This means that
double-clicking on a XIB file results in the file being opened in the source
code editor rather than Interface Builder. The fix to
cmGlobalXCodeGenerator.cxx is trivial, just a matter of telling it that a
.xib extension is a file of type ³file.xib².

2. [Issue #8252] The Xcode project ³compatibilityVersion² attribute is not
being written to the generated project file. This results in a warning being
displayed on the project properties page because iPhone development projects
have a code signing step that is incompatible with the default 2.4 project
file version number.

Cheers,
Baron
Baron Roberts        mailto:baron at cthing.com