[CMake] InstallRequiredSystemLibraries with MSVC9 SP1

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmx.net
Mon Dec 8 02:40:40 EST 2008

cyril_wobow wrote:
> - adding the following preprocessor definitions to my project :
> _BIND_TO_CURRENT_MFC_VERSION=1 and _BIND_TO_CURRENT_CRT_VERSION=1, as I
> read about in forums, results in the embedded manifest depending on both
> RTM and SP1 CRTs, which doesn't help.
> - there must be the same problem with MFC and ATL libs.

Hi,

In my experience using _BIND_TO_CURRENT_CRT_VERSION works correctly, the
embedded manifest depends only to version 9.0.30729.1. Just tested it
with a test program.

Another solution would be to call mt.exe (manifest tool) and
replace/update the generated manifest with you own manifest file like this:

mt.exe -manifest my_manifest.manifest -outputresource:my.exe;#1

Cheers,
Cristian.