[CMake] cpack ZIP generator with several packages going to same folder

Mattias Helsing helsing72 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 09:10:50 EST 2008

Hi people,

Let me start with saying that I really love this suite of programs. I
find new uses for it still after having used it for a year (or so).

Now I'm bashing my head at cpack. What I want to do is this:
on a windows platform, using the ZIP generator create several
different packages containing different parts of my system. It's a
library project with some test apps. So I want libmyproj-runtime.zip,
libmyproj-dev.zip, libmyproj-extra1.zip libmyproj-extra<n>.zip. I do
this through use of install(... COMPONENT) and "configure_file" to
generate a set of CPackConfig scripts. This all works very well.
The problem is that the zip files contain a top level folder with the
same name as the package name and I want users to download the
packages of interest and install them in the same file structure as
the other packages. Is there a way to set the name of this toplevel
folder without changing the package name?

I have looked att the visual installer generator(s) and we might well
go there but some of our developers (and some of our users might)
don't like visual installers but rather want full control of what
files they put on their disks.

Hope you can understand my rambling above and I realize it's not a
very big issue.

cheers
Mattias